Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A Letter to My Future Students



Dear future nursing students,

In your learning journey, I will be one these who will teach, encourage, instruct, mentor, influence, guide, and inspire you. Believe me it is all about you and your learning experience. It is the way you learn and it is about your performance and development. Instead of using a single teaching-learning method, I’ll use a variety of different types of methods that shifts my role from providing information to facilitating your learning. I believe that technology will provide me great teaching-learning methods that keep you active in classroom and enhance your learning. Technology is the key to transform nursing education.

This YouTube video what are my needs and your need in the 21st century; in the age of technology.  



In my the master program I had a Nursing Informatics course that has changed the way in which I view nursing education. Prior to the nursing informatics course, I was unaware of the technological advancements that can enhance the learning environment in classroom and clinical settings. Prior to the informatics course I didn’t know how to utilize all the technological knowledge and skills that I have to improve nursing education. Moreover, the informatics course supplied me with knowledge and skills that I believe will advance my teaching skills. The use of the latest technological advancements in teaching will create an interactive and innovative learning environment. You will be given the opportunity to develop both confidence and competence in providing safe, effective, efficient care to patients.


In the age of technology, every day there is something new to learn about. Nursing and health care are ever changing fields.  Because of that, learning for me is a lifelong process. To develop myself and to ensure creating and designing effective courses and deliver courses in an active learning environment, I have to keep my knowledge and skills up-to-date. By using technology, you will learn most accurate and up-to-date information to ensure patient care. In classroom and labs, we both are learners. We will learn together and we will use technology to make changes.    
Wish you all the best.

Sincerely,
Your nurse educator
Ohoud Al-Osais

No comments:

Post a Comment